Email Blast Sent to Supporters on June 27, 2017. Subscribe!
Help us reach our fundraising goal to support our work to reduce the property tax burden on Vermonters.
Vermont is well-positioned to meet increasing demand for access to American education systems:
- International applications for U.S. student visas have increased 300% since 2008.
- Vermont's public school system has the capacity to meet this demand (having lost 20,000 students since 1998).
- Small classroom sizes and good educational outcomes that would be attractive to these students.
- Three public high schools in Vermont are already doing this!
Filling just half of our excess capacity (about 10,000 students) would:
- Generate $350 million in taxpayer savings (about $550 per person).
- Reduce tax rates up 30%.
- Diversify our student population (one of the most homogeneous in the country.)
- Create more educational opportunities for Vermont students.
WHILE THIS MAY SEEM LIKE A NO-BRAINER...
There is a lot of work left to do before these cost-savings are realized. We need your support to fully engage in advocating for the Legislature to invest in developing a statewide marketing and placement program for international students.