Spring Advocacy Internship
Part-time; Jan-May 2017
Two positions available
Campaign for Vermont (CFV) seeks an Advocacy intern for a fast-paced, high-energy advocacy organization. The Policy Intern will work remotely and out of Montpelier with occasional statewide travel. The intern will assist with a myriad of tasks, gradually progressing in responsibility and complexity.
We are seeking a student in the field of communications/journalism, business/management, political science or a related discipline. Bachelors and Masters level candidates are welcome to apply.
- You have impeccable attention to detail.
- You are highly professional.
- You excel with the written spoken word.
- You are passionate about issues that affect Vermonters.
- You are committed to our mission.
- You have an understanding of data-driven policy analysis.
About Campaign for Vermont
CFV is a nonpartisan, nonprofit advocacy organization launched in 2011. We are the fastest growing grassroots organization in Vermont; with a network of nearly 20,000 people across the state. CFV advocates for solutions that result in greater government transparency and accountability, a stronger economy with more and better-paying jobs, and an unwavering commitment to social responsibility and environmental stewardship.
Advocacy Internship Description:
- Create and manage Freedom of Information Act requests
- Conduct research and statistical analysis that aligns with the intern's interest as well as CFV (ethics, transparency, education, energy, human services)
- Assist with monitoring legislative activities - requires travel to Montpelier 1-2 days per week.
- Additional administrative support as needed
Chances to learn alongside the Policy and Operations Manager and Executive Director, routine feedback, and supervision will be provided. This is a remote internship, you must have access to a laptop computer with internet connection and space in which to work. Having a recent copy of Microsoft Office is encouraged.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with data analysis tools (SPSS, PSAW, etc.)
- Understanding of how public policy is developed and implemented
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
This is an unpaid internship. Travel and assignment-related expenses will be reimbursed.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com
January 1st, 2017